Tomorrow, Alex and I will embark on the last hike of our winter NH48 4K list. We'll ascend Mt. Flume with Hugh, Sage, and a few of our friends. It will be the end of a four year journey.
Alex and I are excited to finish. I think she will be the youngest person to have hiked all 48 of New Hampshire's highest mountains strictly during winter seasons. I'm not 100% sure about this, however, since the AMC doesn't keep strict "youngest" records when it comes to winter lists.
Sage told me tonight that she now wants to pursue the winter 4Ks, and that she'll start in earnest next year. The adventures continue...
Recent book news:
We've added another book signing/presentation date to our calendar.
We'll be at Water Street Bookstore in Exeter, NH on April 25 at 7pm. Hope to see you there!
(Other book signing/presentation dates:
April 3 at 7pm: Harvard Coop in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA
April 28th at 7pm: Father Roger Bilodeau Community Center, 194 Pollard Road, Lincoln, NH)
Kirkus, "The World's Toughest Book Critics," will post their review of Up next week.
CBS News will feature me on "Author Talk" soon after Up is published (April 3). I'll post a link to that interview once it's gone live.
The above is in addition to the other media/events already on the table. On Monday, I'll create a media/events section on this website and organize everything into one easy-to-access tab.
Have a great weekend, everyone! To all the other people finishing various hiking lists and goals -- good luck and have fun!
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid