Alex is doing the trip reports these days (Sage will too in a year, after she turns 13). Alex's trip report of our recent Hale hike can be found here, and her trip report of our recent Waumbek hike can be found here. Alex only has one more hike of Hale before she is finished that mountain for the Grid. I think she is over half way finished the entire Grid now (and Sage is close to half)...I need to tally up the peaks and post some numbers at some point.
Last fall, the girls and I were interviewed by Christopher Haseltine of The Journey Seekers for an hour-long podcast. The Journey Seekers is primarily a male-centered site which promotes male products, but Christopher is incredibly supportive of women and wanted to have us on. The experience was wonderful and we enjoyed speaking with him. The link to his site is here -- our podcast is the March 1 one, which focuses mainly on our 2013 Camino trek. There are other podcast episodes with other adventurers, both male and female -- check out his site and have a listen. It's good stuff.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The White Mountain Grid
Friday, March 17, 2017
Friday, March 3, 2017
The girls and I had an excellent hike up and over Whiteface and Passaconaway last Monday. Alex will have a trip report on her blog on Sunday, March 5, 2017.