August marks the beginning of Wednesday Shout-Out, my blog's weekly feature of other hiking, homeschooling, or "girl-power" related websites.
This week's website is Dan Szczesny's 48 in 30. I first met Dan on the summit of North Kinsman in March 2010; Alex and I had just ascended and he offered to take our picture. The next time we saw him, it was on Mt. Lafayette, just before he and his lovely bride Meena were about to be married on the summit. Since then, Dan and I have communicated on Facebook and I've become a fan of his blog, Expedition Kala Patthar: The Nepal Chronicles.
Dan's a good guy with a wonderful sense of adventure and a very generous heart. His next quest is to hike all 48 of New Hampshire's highest mountains in the 30 days of September...for charity. You can pledge a certain amount of dollars or cents per mountain; the money will go to Manchester’s Holy Cross Family Learning Center, a non-profit "whose volunteers teach ESL to immigrants and refugees trying to build a new life for themselves in New Hampshire."
Check out the website for details, and see if you can lend Dan and the Learning Center your support.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The White Mountain Grid