Oops...stayed up late finishing the first draft of my current work-in-progress and am therefore tardy on posting this week's Wrap.
Our week in quick review:
The above is this week's big news -- I finished the first draft of a new manuscript. It is FAR from being ready to submit, though; my agent hasn't even seen this yet. I hope to have it completely polished and ready for her sharp eyes and honest critique by the time UP hits the shelves. It should be noted that I've no automatic green light with a new manuscript just because Broadway Books is publishing UP; one publication does not guarantee another. Regardless of what ultimately happens with this, however, finishing the first draft of a new 85,000 word manuscript feels wonderful.
Galleys for UP will be in by the end of this month, then they'll be sent to reviewers nationwide. Can't wait!
The girls and I hiked Welch-Dickey on Thursday. I'll post a trip report next week.
We came up with the first half of our 101 Things in 101 Thursdays list; we look forward to the new adventures.
I bought a gazillion novels and joined a few Goodreads book clubs.
And...that's it (for now, anyway). Have a good weekend, everyone.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid