Since we're less than six months away from the publication of Up, I'm creating a weekly blog post dedicated to the book's marketing and publicity progress.
In November, we'll have galleys (bound, pre-publication copies of the book). Those galleys will be sent to reviewers nationwide. Favorable quotes will then be physically printed on the book's jacket and posted everywhere Up can be ordered online. We've one well-known person who's already agreed to give us a blurb, but I won't reveal his identity just yet.
Closer to the time of publication, Up will more than likely receive a healthy amount of traditional and social media attention. Publishers like their authors to have the television, radio, newspaper and magazine coverage occur as close to the launch date as possible; that being said, here's a small something that just came out yesterday from the Heinz Foundation. Hugh is featured in their fall 2011 newsletter, and the girls and I are mentioned.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid