UP has been copyedited and proofread. The next step consists of the designer positioning the photographs within the pages. When she's finished, I'll take a look, confirm my approval, then wait while the manuscript is turned into bound galleys (the prepublication version of UP).
Once the galleys are ready (next month), my publicists will send them to reviewers and journalists nationwide. My job this week is to send my publicists a list of prominent reviewers, authors, and celebrities we know or almost know, people who might be especially interested in reading and reviewing the book. Any favorable quotes from early reviewers will be printed on the books that will be sold to the public (UP's launch date is April 3, 2012).
I'm enjoying this process and I look forward to the coming weeks.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid