It seems the Carolinas aren't fond of us, as we were pounded by yet another lightning storm today. At least this one waited until we were at our campground before unleashing itself. The drive up Sassafras was uneventful.
We parked near the top and walked the two tenths of a mile to the summit.
The highpoint seems to be near a tree...
...not far from the marker.
We signed the register at the top...
....then headed back down. We didn't want to linger, since the summit is wooded and the flies were biting.
Once at our campground, the skies opened up and the Carolinas told us to get lost. Which we did, figuratively, the following morning.
Next stop: Georgia.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The White Mountain Grid