The girls and I have departed for our trip out west. Our first highpointing stop will be Guadalupe Peak, Texas, where we hope to avoid meeting mountain lions, tarantulas, and black bears. Yes, I know, that last one seems a bit strange -- black bears in the Chihuahuan Desert?? One wouldn't think...but according to the nps.gov page, they're there.
Do the potential animal encounters make me nervous? Not really. Well, okay, I admit I could do without the mountain lion possibility. When we get to the park, I'll ask the rangers exactly how often those felines are spotted. We'll join a group on the ascent if I feel the need.
Hugh will join us while we're out there. He hasn't yet decided if he'll climb any of the highpoints.
Our adventures continue...
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid