Iowa! Land of clear skies and zero precipitation! Well, at least for the 24 hours we were there. Three weeks before we arrived in Sibley, a small town in Iowa's extreme northwest, a huge tornado (F4) ripped through the area, coming within two miles of the highpoint. Luckily, there were no human fatalities. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/fsd/?n=tor2010jun25
We arrived at the "peak" just before sunset.
The summit area houses a variety of interesting structures. The owners, past and present, have done a beautiful job creating a lovely, peaceful environment.
The girls and I spent about an hour admiring our surroundings before heading to the local Super 8. Here's the highpoint from a slight distance; Alex took the photo as we drove away.
Next stop: Minnesota.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid