Our next stop was Timm's Hill, the highpoint of Wisconsin. The trail leading to the top is only a half-mile long; the girls and I ran the entire way.
There are two towers at the highpoint. Here's the first, which we easily climbed.
Views from the top of Wisconsin...
Here's the second tower, seen from the top of the first one.
We chose not to climb this one, since one little misstep will send you plummeting to the ground.
The marker's right underneath the second tower...
Mission accomplished, we ran back down the hill, jumped in our Honda, and drove to Chicago, where we met Hugh for a three day break.
Next highpoint: Michigan's Mt. Arvon.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid