The owners of Charles Mound restrict public access to the first weekends of June, July, August and September, so the girls and I had a week to kill before highpointing Illinois. We spent a few days hanging about Michigan's Upper Peninsula before heading down through Wisconsin. A few more days at the Dells, and it was time to begin the last leg of our highpoint spree.
The first Saturday in August arrived. We drove to the property's edge, parked at the gate, and began the mile and a quarter walk to the summit.
It's a lovely amble, we enjoyed the rural setting.
Views from the top of Illinois.
Next stop: Indiana.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid