Webster-Jackson Trail. 5.2 miles roundtrip. 2200 feet of elevation gain.
Our first peak of the 2013-2014 winter season!
Happy to report that everyone's over the cold/flu/whatever-we-had. It felt SO GOOD to get back on the trails!
We recently had a warm and rainy spell, so most of the snowpack on Jackson has disappeared. We had icy, slushy conditions all day...plus, it rained on us the entire time. Fortunately, the upper ledges were mostly free of ice, so the steep bits right before the summit didn't pose any problems. In spite of the less-than-ideal conditions, we enjoyed our hike. It's always nice to get out in the woods. :)
Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! I'll be back this evening to post some news about our fundraising progress for Feeding America. Have a wonderful day -- and hang your stockings! :)
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The White Mountain Grid