We had a pretty good week. Books for Better Living posted my "5 Parenting Books That Inspired Me" -- you can find that article here.
The girls and I enjoyed a wonderful hike up and over Iron Mountain with new friends David Lottmann and 10-month-old Alex. Dave posted an excellent trip report of our hike, which was made especially exciting by the unpleasant arrival of a thunderstorm while we were still over half a mile from the car.
The girls and I had a regular homeschooling week; we homeschool throughout the year, taking breaks as desired or needed.
I am finally back to editing a manuscript I finished over a year ago. The past few months have been super-busy and I've had a difficult time staying up late to work on chapters. My life is blessedly full; by the time the girls go to bed, I'm ready to sleep. My children's upbringing/education is priority number one, and homeschooling is a (very) fulltime job. I do what I can to edit and write, and I think I produce reliably and well...however, when they are both in college it will be SO MUCH EASIER to concentrate on my writing! This is not a complaint, not really. I'm fortunate to be able to homeschool them, and I'm fortunate to live the life that I do. Part of me just feels guilty about not having completely edited something that was finished in first draft form well over a year ago.
Okay, enough with the kvetching. Have a great weekend, everyone! The girls and I are treating ourselves to an AMC hut stay soon; Sage LOVES hut stays (the croo members cook a lot better than Mama does...). On Tuesday, I'll post a trip report detailing our experiences.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid