The Rockwell Road. We drove to the summit, no hiking miles today.
The girls and I slacked our way to the top for this one. Instead of hiking, we took the auto road (highpointing rules allow any method of ascent).
The road was easy to maneuver.
Views from the side of the road...
Eight sweatless miles later, we reached the top.
We parked in the lot and took the short path to the summit. Both girls were dressed in their dance recital costumes, which they've been wearing daily since their performance on May 22....
Alex took a bundle of pictures with her new camera...
...while Sage played with her Barbie.
On the way down, we pulled off the road and inspected some ripe dandelions.
A nice day in the woods...oh, wait a minute...well, a nice day at the top. Felt mighty strange reaching a summit the easy way.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid