Vermont: Mt. Mansfield, our 34th (and last) highpoint of the year!
Sage requested we ride on the gondola. Even though Alex and I don't particularly care for that method of ascent, we bowed to Sage's wishes.
Sage had a great time...
...while Alex and I clung to the sides and tried to calm our nerves. There is nothing wrong with the Mt. Mansfield gondola -- Alex and I just have a terrible fear of riding in gondolas and trams.
My worst fears were thankfully not realized (the gondola did not snap off the cable and send us plummeting to our deaths), and we reached the top unscathed.
From here, we took the Cliff Trail.
We topped out on the Long Trail and walked to the summit.
At the top!
We did not lounge on the summit for long; we had more important things than highpointing on our minds...
(The ice cream was delicious).
Not a bad year. 34 states -- pretty good for a 5 year old and a 7 year old.
Next highpointing stops -- Maine and New York...next summer. After that, we may be finished, or we may continue. That'll be up to the girls.
- UP: REVIEWS and PRESS
- GraniteGals PODCAST
- Speaking Engagements/Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Alex in the White Mountains (Alex's hiking blog)
- Sage's White Mountain Treks (Sage's hiking blog)
- California's Lost Coast Trail. June 8-9, 2019
- England's Coast to Coast Trail 2018
- Cohos Trail 2017
- Iceland's Laugavegur Trail 2016
- Great Wall of China Trek 2015
- John Muir Trail 2014
- El Camino de Santiago 2013
- NH Four Thousand Footers (Alex and Sage)
- NH Four Thousand Footers -- WINTER (Alex and Sage)
- Trailwrights 72 (Alex and Sage)
- 52 With a View (Sage)
- The Terrifying Twenty-Five
- The White Mountain Grid